Monday, December 28, 2009

Brie's Boot Camp: Week 1, Day 1

I've come to the conclusion that I'm tired of how I feel. So. I'm starting New Year's resolutions a week early! Wahoo!! I was going to start yesterday, but it was my youngest son's 3rd birthday and I was not about to spend $20 on a cake and NOT eat some of it. LOL! (I know, I know. Totally bad justification. But it was a good last hurrah! :) So this morning, I started my own personal boot camp. Here's how it went:

4:59am - Woke up 1 minute before the alarm and DIDN'T fall back asleep. Score one for me!
5-5:30am - Made myself a breakfast of oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar for some flavor, then I cooked 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, added 1 tablespoon of salsa and rolled them up in a low carb tortilla. Packed that, my turkey wrap for lunch and my little box with trail mix for a snack.
5:30-6:30am - Got myself and the kids ready to go. No small feat!
6:45am - Dropped kids off at daycare and headed to the gym. YAY!
7:00-8:00am - WORKOUT!!!!

For my first workout this week, I did:

3 sets of 20 reps: Biceps, 30lbs
3 sets of 15 reps: Triceps, 15 lbs
50 forward crunches with a 5lb weight
50 right & 50 left oblique crunches with a 5 lb weight
30 minutes cardio - elliptical set to random on a level 3. Went 2.36 miles, burned 456 calories.
Stretches in the sauna for 15 minutes.

FELT GOOD!!!!

And I still made it to work by 8:45. It CAN be done! :) Days like this make me wish I didn't have to sit all day for work! lol

I find that making my lunch and packing my snacks for the day leave no room or excuse for bad eating habits. That's a big thing that helped me a lot last year with my weight loss. It's no surprise to me that when I stopped doing that, I started gaining the weight back. Go figure, eh?

P.S. Here's an article I found that has 50 tips to skip or burn 500 calories a day.

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100250356&gt1=31036

No comments: