Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just Getting Started

Ok, with my new information, I am SO excited to re-start, so to speak. I'm working with ABSolute, and some really awesome women there. The nutritionist totally broke it down and gave me so much information on food, how it works in my body, and what my body actually needs. Which, I had a basic understanding before. What's good, what's bad. Now I know what's really bad, and what I thought was ok actually isn't that ok. So. Here's what I'm doing now.

To start with, to jump start myself on this program and lifestyle change, there is a "cleanse" of sorts. No, not a drink salt water or some other awful concoction and that's it. This is a healthy cleanse. :D For 3-5 days my protein and raw vegetables are unlimited. I had to swear I wouldn't go longer than 4 hours without eating. And to keep it closer to every 2-3 hours. I can eat fruit around 10 and 2, to help keep my blood sugar in balance, so it doesn't dip and cause me to crash and turn to junk food.

To start, for breakfast this morning I cooked up 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, mixed that with sauteed onion and topped with a little bit of white cheese. SO GOOD. I was eating oatmeal everyday for breakfast, but the protein will be so much more beneficial to me at the gym.

Snacks will be fruit and string cheese for now, until I can go to the store and get more of a variety.

Lunch is mixed greens with lots of turkey and raw veggies mixed in. Dressing is ok, as long as it's not drenching. I need to keep carbs to under 10. So if I look at a dressing, and combine the carb number and the sugar number, it just has to be under 10. Cooked veggies count for more carbs, because they're more broken down than raw veggies and it's easier for the body to absorp the carbs. Makes sense? It's pretty easy. It'd also be easy to get overwhelmed with all the information they threw at me. I'm so glad I had a decent understanding already.

I'm getting weekly Vitamin B12/B6 shots to help keep my energy up, since I'm cutting my carb intake drastically. Those are nice, since my body will absorp what it needs and get rid of what it doesn't. I'm WAY glad I don't mind shots! That medical assisting school has come in handy. We had to practice giving each other shots. I think I got 11 saline shots in one day once. LOL!

I'm so excited about this program, and to have more of an understanding of food and what it does for me and to me.

Here we go on day one!

No comments: