Monday, January 18, 2010

SOOO excited!

So I met with a nutritionist today. She had a lot of good information, and I learned a lot. It was basic, simple information that seemed like stuff I should already know. But she broked it down awesomely for me.

She also gave me a ton of ideas to cut carbs out. I'm on a 75/25 program. 75% protein, 25% carbs. She gave me tips on cooking I'd never have thought of. Like cauliflower rice. Chop up cauliflower really finely, and steam it. Same texture as rice, but you're getting veggies instead of carbs. GO FIGURE! See? Simple. :)

I'll post more ideas and things I learned later. I'm still processing it a bit. lol

I'm excited to find a whole new way of eating, and being healthy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the cook book "Deceptively Delicious". Seriously, I love it! It is all about hiding fruits and veggies in really good meals that are easy and kid friendly. It is big on being really nutritious too.

Dana Scarbrough said...

Love the califlower rice idea- have deceptively delicious and love it too!